Entrust People are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer with Automation experience to join an organisation who has several sites across the UK and Northern Ireland. This role will be based at their Angus site and will require occasional travel to the other sites. This is an exciting role within a developing and growing business which has an unrivalled reputation globally as a leading designer and manufacturer of high speed automated machinery.
Working in a dedicated team of industry professionals you will provide a creative and problem-solving solution to a range of ground breaking projects. Primarily you will assist in the development of specialist bespoke equipment for the medical devices and FMCG industry sectors. Customer focus is essential, as you will be liaising with a multinational blue-chip client base.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious software engineer to further their career within a fast-paced environment. You will be an experienced engineer with both design and commissioning experience combined with a proactive can-do attitude and a positive and determined work ethic.
· Be part of a team dedicated to delivering projects to plan and budget
· Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and other team members
· Be responsible for the creation and development of software solutions for special purpose automated machinery projects
· Deliver control and safety solutions to meet customer requirements
· Produce software documentation and validation documentation
· Debug and validate machine functionality to customer requirements
· Complete project solution by onsite commissioning at customer facility
· Be knowledgeable of current European and International standards
· HNC/Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Software Engineering
· Demonstrate a proven track record of successfully delivering machine control system projects to required timescale and budget
· Experience working with PLC (preferably Rockwell) and other software applications.
· Knowledge and experience of working with some of the following:
· PLC systems (other than Rockwell)
· PLC based safety
· PLC based motion control
· HMI development
· Robotic systems
· Vision systems
· Ethernet based networks
· PC based systems (visual basic and/or C++)
· Experienced in automation and production machinery design, with a hands-on approach
· A highly commercial approach with the ability to work directly with customers
· Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and data accuracy
· Effective interpersonal relationship skills to create a positive and productive team-oriented environment with all departments
· A proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities
· The ability to work on your own initiative
This role offers the opportunity to join a successful and growing organisation and exposure to innovative and ground-breaking technology.