Scientist (In Vitro)
Entrust People are currently supporting a rapidly expanding unique life sciences organisation based in the North East area and they are seeking a Scientist with In Vitro laboratory and cell culture experience.
Due to continued growth of our client’s dermal services, they are currently expanding on their In Vitro Pharmacology/Toxicology Team.
You will be a key member of the In Vitro Pharmacology/Toxicology team, and the focus of this role will be to provide basic and routine support to the dermal platform, focusing initially on GLP dermal penetration studies.
You will be reasonable for a level of in vitro laboratory and cell culture experience.
Role and Responsibility
• Support the activities of the in vitro dermal platform by carrying out study critical tasks (e.g. dermal penetration assays). These tasks will initially be under supervision, but following training, the individual will be expected to run performs these tasks autonomously
• Perform data QC checking when required
• Maintenance of designated equipment including dermal penetration rigs, tissue culture facilities and liquid scintillation equipment.
• Prepare buffers, reagents and solutions
• Carry out general laboratory housekeeping tasks
• Perform daily tasks such as balance calibration required for a GLP compliant site
• Operate in line with the company protocols and business strategy
• Act as an ambassador for the business and company values
• Comply with health and safety requirements of the site as stated within company policy, procedure and practice
• Communicate effectively with colleagues throughout the business
• Contribute to a culture of collaboration and team work
To be successful in your application for this role you will be required to have the following background/experience:
• BSc in biological area (or equivalent)
• In Vitro laboratory and cell culture experience essential
• Previous GLP experience is highly preferable
• Flexibility to work out of hours when required
• Good interpersonal and teamworking skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Robust time management capability
For Further Information:
If you would like to discuss the above opportunity in more detail or discuss any other potential opportunities, please contact one of our experienced consultants Suzi Robertson on +44(0)1224 608988 or email email@example.com with a CV and she will be delighted to talk about the next step of your career.
Keywords: In Vitro, GLP, Cell Culture, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Dermal, Dermatology, Dermal Penetration Studies