Entrust People are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer / Snr Engineer with an electronics background on behalf of a global, high profile Electronics Manufacturing organisation, who service clients across many sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas & Energy and consumer electronics.
Working in an impressive modern facility in the beautiful Scottish borders, the successful candidate will join a large established quality department and be an essential member of a customer focussed team, being the primary interface for all customer quality specifications and requirements.
Ideally you will be a degree qualified Quality Engineer or a minimum of 3 years industry experience, be fully conversant with IPC standards, and have demonstrable experience and knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
· Facilitate resolution of proactive quality initiatives; continuous improvements, preventative actions, mistake-proofing, etc
· Facilitate resolution of reactive quality initiatives; containment/root cause/corrective actions, customer issues, etc.
· Facilitate and participate in quality metrics reporting and communication
· Coach and mentor individuals and cross-functional teams in quality systems, tools, and philosophies
· Define and manage all customer quality plan
· Facilitate all quality-related activities associated with customer product introductions within PPQP, etc.
· Approval of all product changes (ECOs, deviations, validations, etc.) to ensure customer requirements and expectations are met, and verification that changes are correctly implemented.
· Monitor processes (through auditing, metrics, etc.) to ensure product health
· Support external audit activities relative to product requirements
· Support product and process changes and evolution, ensuring product quality integrity is maintained
· Support quote and contract review process, ensuring customer quality requirements are met
· Support Supplier Quality in supplier issues and improvements (RI, NCM, MRB, etc.)
· Occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 0-30%)
This role offers the opportunity to join a global brand who have ambitious growth plans, building on an already impressive portfolio of clients and products, career development, the opportunity to travel and variety of projects.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available and financial assistance for relocation for any candidates who would consider a move to this beautiful rural and scenic location.