Due to continued success and business growth, Entrust People are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer on behalf of a successful, dynamic and growing organisation based in Aylesbury who are experts within the Automation Industry.
Reporting directly to the General Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring overall project outputs meet project requirements. To be a serious contender for this opportunity you will have strong project engineering experience within a relevant industry (Special-purpose machinery, packaging, handling equipment / conveyor systems, machine building manufacturing would be highly desirable). You will be a driven engineer who is happy to be “hands-on” and can demonstrate commitment to excellence in all that you do, tied with a professional approach, who can be a team player willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance whilst maintaining a strong customer focus.
· Co-ordinate between all technical departments to ensure all aspects of the project are under control (Design, Purchasing, Manufacturing, etc)
· Responsible for liaising with workshop manager to ensure manufacturing schedule is adhered to
· Ensure that the purchasing department is aware of the schedule and knows the target delivery dates
· Coordinate the build team ensuring milestones are visible
· Assessment of supplier and contractor quotations
· Ensure regular updates are given to the Aylesbury Automation build team
· Lead machine debug and commissioning
· Feedback any material or resource shortages
· Schedule/supervise machine strip down, shipping and installation including on site management at client premises
· Ensure completion of final actions/snag lists from customer
· Identify problems/issues in advance and plan resolution
· Ensure all relevant machine completion documentation is signed off by the customer
· Ensure the work area is kept safe and tidy
· Ensure quality standards are maintained
· Engineering degree or equivalent qualification or experience.
· Demonstrable evidence of successful project delivery on a multiple project and multi-disciplinary team basis
· Good understanding of engineering and ideally an understanding of capital equipment engineering systems / automation
· Project management aptitude. Working knowledge and practical application of project management planning methodologies and tools preferred.
· Communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, within the team, wider business and suppliers.
· Ability to organise, prioritise and maintain relevant information to support the business.
· Sound analytical skills, good problem solver.
· Organised and able to multi-task in a demanding environment, comfortable to operate under pressure, to lead and or be part of a team.
· Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
· Creative ability to develop new ideas and implement improvements.
· Accustomed to operating effectively under pressure.
· Hunger for success, personal drive and motivation - a proactive can-do attitude.
In return, this role offers the opportunity to join a business who is innovative, successful, are developing products that compete with corporate organisations, a variety of projects tied with a competitive salary, development opportunities and excellent career progression.