Laboratory Analyst - R&D Support
Contract – Competitive Hourly rates.
Location - Merseyside
This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. They are dedicated to career development and have a great culture which reflects in their values – excellence, integrity and respect for people.
This role is to provide analytical testing support for R&D and manufacturing support activities within the development team. The role will broadly cover Biotech, Nutritional Products and Natural Product areas depending on business needs. The work will be predominantly laboratory based, with some office based work required to maintain results databases and communicate results to the customer teams.
· Testing of process development samples using a range of analytical techniques such as activity assay, HPLC, UV, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, wet chemistry methods and microbiology methods.
· Provision of quality data. Maintenance of laboratory work books in a legible & logical order, in compliance with good laboratory practises (GLP).
· Development and maintenance of databases and spreadsheets to record sample results and performance trends.
· Working with project teams and/or manufacturing plant representatives to agree test methods, sampling plans, communication strategy and delivery of these agreed expectations.
· Maintaining the laboratory environment in excellent order, and working in compliance with Health & Safety and housekeeping procedures.
· Ordering of lab consumables, raw materials and other essential items supporting lab operations.
· Working with engineering personnel to identify and diagnose lab equipment operational, calibration and reliability issues and to support the routine preventative maintenance programmes.
· Issuing of Task Safety Assessments (TSA’s) for low risk tasks in the laboratory
· Developing a basic understanding of the overall R&D and manufacturing processes you are working on in order to aid identification of appropriate test methodologies.
· Relevant laboratory experience would be preferable. A degree qualification in analytical chemistry (or related discipline) is preferable but not essential.
· Willingness to be flexible and support a range of techniques and projects depending on business needs.
· Team player but with ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
· Able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication.
· Able to make most efficient use of resources and ensure deadlines are met.
· Able to systematically troubleshoot problems and make appropriate decisions.
· Ability to work closely with customer groups to agree test requirements, reporting mechanisms and timelines.
· Ability to meet compliance requirements.
Our client is offering competitive day rates in a great working environment therefore if you are looking to further develop your career with a market leader, this could be the role for you.
For more information, please call Suzi on 01224 608988 or e-mail a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org