Entrust People currently have an opportunity for an Electronics Engineer with a Product Development / R&D background to join a growing, dynamic, energetic company, developing revolutionary and flexible assay platform technologies that will transform In Vitro Diagnostic testing and provide next generation healthcare.
Reporting to the R&D Engineering Director, and working as part of the engineering team, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving the development of the nstrument design from the lab-based prototype stage to manufacturing design transfer.
Key roles and Responsibilities
· Be aware of project timelines and contribute to the electronics sections of the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
· Create detailed design specifications based on input from product requirements specifications and prototype testing and characterisation.
· Create robust characterisation and test methods to set tolerances and limits on key technical blocks of the instrument design.
· Provide innovative and robust design solutions to identified problem / high risk design areas.
· Review and critique electronic design solutions developed by other team members.
· Ensure that the key functional technical blocks of the instrument are developed, tested and iterated in a robust and rapid manner.
· Ensure that the electronic components of the instrument design are integrated into a robust final solution including management of sub-contractor partners where required (PCB fab, board build, component sourcing).
· Work with the chosen contact manufacture and internal colleagues as appropriate to transfer the electronic product design to manufacturing, inclusive of specifying board stage and any intermediate assembly testing required.
· Ability to develop and execute the required verification and validation activities needed to demonstrate the electronics design has met specification.
· Use or develop competent knowledge in the required electrical regulations applicable to the development of medical devices.
· Degree qualified in electronic engineering
· Practical experience in analogue, digital and mixed circuit design.
· Ability to implement designs in a schematic capture package (e.g. Altium) and generate the associated BOM/s
· Ability to translate requirements into design specifications.
· Practical experience in board bring up and debug using appropriate tools and techniques
· Highly motivated individual who can demonstrate flexibility and a can-do attitude.
· Ensures a positive, productive and proactive relationship with a range of internal and external key stakeholders.
· A quick learner with the desire and ability to attain the required information to enable development of the required electronic sub systems within the defined timescales.
· Self-driven, takes ownership, and is motivated to complete the objectives given.
· Can listen and present effectively, providing progress feedback on a regular basis and as required at project meetings to the Project Leader or Engineering director.
· Ability to plan and organise your work in accordance with the overall objectives and required timelines via creation and maintenance of the electronic sections of the overall project plan.
· Demonstrates the ability to solve problems under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity and is able to think strategically in times of pressure to drive toward the best solutions
This role offers the opportunity to join a growing business who have a vast product range to develop and ambitious growth plans. Attractive salary and financial assistance offered for any applicants who would require relocation.