Entrust people are currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer with Automation experience to join a Livingston based Global technology solutions organisation who design and manufacture special purpose machinery and are a leader in their Industry.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Engineering manager and will execute design related to customer orders, support the organisation sales request and together with the department/team have technical responsibility for the equipment within the product lines. In this scope the design documentation should be kept up to date, improvements be implemented, quality levels and cost secured.
You will be a degree qualified engineer with a relevant qualification within Automation Engineering and have extensive experience of work in this field. You will have hands on experience of PLC programming using Siemens S7 and TIA portal and electrical design using Autocad/EPLAN or similar.
DUTIES OF POST/ RESPONSIBILITY
· Ladder and Structured Text languages.
· PLC programming experience with Siemens S7-300 and S7-1500 TIA Portal, Omron CJ1/CJ2, Siemens S7-300 and Allen Bradley CompactLogix.
· Previous programming experience in software design, not just maintenance.
· HMI programming experience with Omron NS Designer, Siemens WinCC (Flex) or TIA Portal and Allen Bradley FactoryTalkView ME. (TIA Portal is the focus for new development moving forward).
· Working knowledge of Ethernet networking.
SERVICE/ PRODUCTION SUPPORT
· Ability to diagnose system wide equipment problems that may include software, mechanical and/or electrical issues.
· Handle remote support to customers and field engineer as well as at customer sites.
· Design and implement small electrical drawing modifications to meet the requirements of the Low Voltage Directive. Experience of complete designs preferable.
· Good understanding of three phase motors and motor inverter controllers
· Skilled in AutoCAD and/or EPLAN
· Working knowledge of modern safety (experience with EN13849 preferred) and other applicable standards.
· Working knowledge and experience with MRP processes including creation of BoM’s, work orders, etc.
This role offers the growth potential of working with a company with a developing technology plus a collaborative working environment where your individuality, imagination and talent will be recognized and rewarded.