Entrust People are recruiting for a Controls / Software Engineer to join a developing and growing business with a reputation as a leading designer and manufacturer of high speed automated machinery at their Buckinghamshire facility.
Working in a dedicated team of industry professionals, the successful candidate will provide a creative and problem-solving solution to a range of ground breaking projects. Primarily you will assist in the development of specialist bespoke equipment. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious controls/software engineer to further their career within a fast-paced environment.
Duties of role
· Deliver control and safety systems which comply with the appropriate national and international standards
· Be responsible for the creation and development of machine electrical and software solutions for special purpose automated machinery projects.
· Programme and commission various robots and PLC systems.
· Test and debug software applications and produce detailed test plans
· Produce software documentation
· Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and team members
· Be responsible for testing within the factory test and on customer sites
· Be part of a team dedicated to delivering projects to plan and budget
What you’ll bring to the role:
· HND/Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
· A proven track record of successfully delivering machine control system projects to required timescale and budget
· Electrical design understanding and electrical fault finding.
· Experience working with PLC and software applications in Siemens or Allen Bradley (preferably both) - Will be tested practically at interview.
· Ideally knowledge and experience of some of the following:
Communications protocols (e.g. TCP/IP)
Configuration of networks
Machine safety standards
Motion control equipment
· Experience of automation and production machinery design, ideally with a hands-on approach.
· Ideally have object oriented programming ability.
· Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and data accuracy
· Effective interpersonal relationship skills to create a positive and productive team-oriented environment with all departments
· A proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities
· Working on the full project lifecycle of projects - design, development, commissioning, customer training and support
· The ability to work on your own initiative
What we expect from you:
· A proactive can-do attitude.
· A positive and determined work ethic
· A professional approach
· A commitment to excellence in all that you do
· A team player, willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance
· Self-driven to make a significant contribution to maximising customer service
· Willing and able to travel to customer sites both nationally and internationally for commissioning and post commissioning support.